Our Local Restrictions Support Grant supported businesses in York required to close due to local restrictions which were imposed by government from 2 December 2020 to manage coronavirus.
The government sets national criteria for funds to be paid and our local offering uses those criteria. This grant is aimed at hospitality, hotel, accommodation, and leisure businesses.
Be aware that:
- we'll only consider paying grants to businesses where all of the eligibility criteria are met
- we receive an allocation to pay grants for this period based on government estimate on how many hospitality, hotel, accommodation and leisure businesses are in the rating list
The Local Restrictions Support Grant provides grants for businesses who occupy properties which appear on the Local Rating List (the business rates list).
Payments are based on the rateable value (RV) of a business on the date local restrictions begin:
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grants of £467 per 14 day period
- for properties with a rateable value above £15,000 and below £51,000, grants of £700 per 14 day period
- for properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, grants of £1,050 per 14 day period
Payments are 'per qualifying lockdown period'.