- www.healthcheck.nhs.uk - has been designed to support the National Learning Network and includes details of national workshops as well as key guidance documents and latest news relating to the NHS Health Check programme, a useful links section, and a small but expanding library of case studies on vascular risk assessment and management programmes.
- http://www.nhs.uk/ - provide an online health service.
- NHS Lifecheck - provide an online health service to help assess and better manage the health of 45 to 60 year olds.
- Live Well - contains advice on how to stay fit and healthy, including: Healthy Hearts, Healthy Eating, Alcohol, Healthy Weight Calculator, Smoking, Hypertension, Diabetes, Stroke and Kidney Health
- www.smokefree.nhs.uk/resources - booklets, DVD and support pack to help people quit smoking, tel: 0800 1690169.
Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
- www.nice.org.uk - provides national guidance on promoting good health and preventing and treating ill health.
Department of Health
- www.orderline.dh.gov.uk - search for leaflets on the DoH website on: healthy eating, healthy weight, Change4Life, NHS Health Check and Let's Get Moving. Tel: 0300 1231002 for more information.
Cardiovascular disease prevention
- www.evidence.nhs.uk - aims to provide high quality, evidence-based information on all aspects of cardiovascular diseases. This site is aimed at health professionals with an interest in cardiovascular diseases.
- 'Improving Health Together' is a public health factsheet containing information, news, tools and tips for frontline practitioners and managers working in North Yorkshire and the City of York. Issue 16 focuses on Cardiovascular Disease and Healthy lifestyles. Supporting factsheets on Alcohol, Physical Activity and Healthy Weight are also available.
- www.bcs.com - British Cardiovascular Society supports and represent all those working in the fields of cardiovascular care and research.
- www.heartuk.org.uk - a cholesterol charity.
- www.bhf.org.uk - British Heart Foundation (BHF)are pioneering research, support and care for heart patients. www.bhf.org.uk/publications.aspx provides wide range of resources covering all aspects of heart health, tel: 0870 6006566 for more information.
- www.diabetes.org.uk - for people with diabetes.
The Stroke Association
- www.stroke.org.uk - a UK charity combating stroke in people of all ages.
Kidney Research UK
- www.kidneyresearchuk.org - funding research into kidney disease, improving the quality of life of those with kidney disorders and increasing public awareness of kidney health.