Your ward councillors are:
- Cllr Ian Cuthbertson (Liberal Democrats)
- Cllr Andrew Hollyer (Liberal Democrats)
- Cllr Edward Pearson (Liberal Democrats)
Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers/partners working in the area.
Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Haxby and Wigginton Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Based on feedback from residents, ward councillors have set the following current ward priorities:
- increased potential for local venues
- increased opportunities for young people
- improving road safety
- enhancing the environment and green spaces
- increased opportunities for residents
- reducing loneliness and social isolation
Each ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. Ward Committees make recommendations to the Corporate Director of Children, Education and Communities on how the money should be spent.
For 2019 to 2020 the ward budget is £37,000.
The ward also receives a budget allocation for improvements to local highways. This is a 4-year programme and the amount allocated for 2019 to 2022 is £126,000.
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings and through surveys and councillor surgeries.
Ward grant applications
Community groups and voluntary organisations based in the ward can apply for budget funding by making a ward grant application.
This ward is currently inviting ward grant applications. See further information about ward grant applications, and how to apply.
Community projects eligible for grants may include services for the local area, such as projects which:
- help to achieve ward priorities
- provide a service in the ward
- provide opportunities for ward residents to become involved
Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels
There is no active Residents' Association in this ward.
Parish Councils in Haxby and Wigginton are:
Planning Panels are not active in areas where there are Parish Councils.
Contact your Community Involvement Officer for more information on Residents' Associations and Planning Panels.
YorWellbeing support in your Ward
YorWellbeing offers support to help residents to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.
The YorWellbeing handyperson service can perform small jobs around your home if you are:
- aged 60 years and over
Haxby and Wigginton Ward information
Stay up to date with what's happening in Haxby and Wigginton Ward by::
- following @HaxbyWigginton on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillors
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer (CIO)
Ask your CIO to add you to their email list for news and events updates.