The way adult social care is provided in York has changed. We are giving control back to you by talking through ways to achieve personal goals, get involved in the community and be as independent as possible.
Our new approach means we:
- offer flexibility to suit you and your situation, working with you to achieve the outcomes you want
- connect you to your community and the support around you by providing information, advice and support
- reduce long processes so it’s easier to talk to us and unnecessary delays are prevented
We call this approach our Future focus.
Accessing Adult Social Care
Our first step to doing this is creating Talking Points around York to make sure you get the opportunity to have earlier face to face conversations with adult social care staff.
The LiveWellYork website has also been a big part of these changes, bringing together information from support networks, voluntary groups and organisations in the York community to provide you with all the support you need to stay independent.
LiveWellYork was developed in partnership with Age UK York, York CVS, Healthwatch York and Explore York, alongside the residents of York.
Transforming Adult Social Care
Our ageing population means that demand for social care continues to rise, and needs are becoming increasingly complex.
We are committed to delivering a better adult social care experience through a responsive and person-centred approach; our focus is on you and the outcomes you want to achieve.
Find out more about our transformation in our Future Focus Business Case.
Feedback on Future focus
We invite you to send us your feedback in a range of ways:
- by email: email@example.com
- call Healthwatch York on telephone: 01904 621133; they will feed back your views and ideas to us
- visit a Healthwatch York community drop-in