The Council Plan is our corporate strategy for the next 4 years.
- shape the way we work
- set our vision for the future of the city
- explain our focus areas
- help us support a good quality of life for residents
- set out how we propose to deliver improvements
- help us monitor delivery and measure performance
Consultation on The Council Plan
Our Council Plan for 2019 to 2023 was approved by Full Council on 31 October 2019 following public consultation.
Thank you to everyone who shared their views during our consultation, whether that was by completing our online survey or adding comments to our boards in various locations across York.
We asked you what you thought we could do as a council, and what you – as an individual, or representing a group or organisation – could do to help make York the best place it can be for everyone.
We also asked for your opinions on the 'outcomes' we're proposing, including:
- good health and wellbeing
- well paid jobs and an inclusive economy
- getting around sustainably
- a better start for children and young people
- a greener and cleaner city
- creating homes and world-class infrastructure
- safe communities and culture for all
- an open and effective council
Each outcome is part of what a city needs to achieve a good quality of life.
Successfully achieving these outcomes will depend on the way the whole city collaborates on the things that matter most, including:
Previous Council Plans
Our Council Plan for 2015 to 2019 was based on our statutory responsibilities and 3 key priorities:
- a prosperous city for all - where local businesses can thrive and residents have good quality jobs, housing and opportunities
- a focus on frontline services - to ensure all residents, particularly the least advantaged, can access reliable services and community facilities
- a council that listens to its residents - to ensure it delivers the services they want and works in partnership with local communities
In our Council Plan for 2011 to 2015, we set out our priorities and produced a 'high level' action plan 5 priorities:
- create jobs and grow the economy
- get York moving
- build strong communities
- protect vulnerable people
- protect the environment