The COVID Local Support Grant is provided to support people who have had a reduction in income and require urgent financial assistance as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
The COVID Local Support Grant will provide assistance to families with children and to other vulnerable households.
The grant can provide assistance with:
- food and other household essentials, such as toiletries
- energy bills, such as electricity, gas and oil
- water bills, including sewerage
- mobile phone, internet connection and data bills
- other exceptional emergency costs
Where possible assistance will provided in the form of e-Vouchers. Other grant award payments will be made to the applicant’s bank account.
The scheme is discretionary, awards will be assessed on the criteria set out. Applicants who are assessed as outside the criteria will be directed to alternative advice and support as appropriate.
Please check your eligibility before you complete an application.