We've collated details of advice and support for businesses in York:
- Grants and financial support
- Business Rate Discount for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure, and Nursery businesses
- 'Good to go' standards mark
- Get updates by email
Grants and financial support
Get government financial support for businesses and self-employed people to help you through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Alternatively, check available business grants in York:
For ongoing support and advice, talk to your industry representative organisations, or to:
- York BID
- Federation of Small Businesses (get resources and resources and information to help small businesses)
- York and North Yorkshire Growth Hub
The Bank of England COVID Corporate Financing Facility provide quick and cost-effective ways to raise working capital for large firms who need it.
Business Rate Discount for Retail, Hospitality and Leisure, and Nursery businesses
Rate-payers eligible for 'Retail, Hospitality and Leisure, and Nursery Business Rate Discount' are receiving a discount on their business rates for 2021 to 2022, including 100% discount for the first 3 months and 66% discount for the remainder of the financial year.
The discount is capped at £2m for businesses that were required to close on 5 January 2021, and up to £105,000 for business permitted to open.
See the Government business support website for more detail.
Businesses that wish to opt out of the 'Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Rate Discount Scheme', or 'Nursery Discount Scheme' should email: email@example.com before 30 April 2022. Please note that any business opting out of this scheme cannot withdraw their refusal for all, or part, of the financial year.
'Good to go' standards mark
Apply for the (free) UK-wide industry standard mark known as 'Good to go', to reassure customers that your business adheres to government and public health guidance related to coronavirus.
- read and implemented the Government’s COVID-19 guidance, and guidance from Public Health England
- have a COVID-19 Risk Assessment in place
- complete a self-assessment, including a checklist confirming you've put necessary processes in place
You'll receive a certification and the ‘We’re Good To Go’ mark to display on your premises and online.
Get updates by email
Register for council updates so we can keep you updated on 'business services' of interest to you.