As the response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues, the government has announced the roll-out of the NHS Test and Trace programme. As part of this response, each council with responsibility for statutory Public Health functions has been asked to lead the local approach, based around an outbreak management plan.
The York COVID-19 Outbreak Control Plan sets out how local partners will:
- work together to reduce transmission of COVID-19
- prevent and manage outbreaks
This is a city-wide plan and has been developed with our key partners, under the leadership of the Director of Public Health. The plan covers:
- the context and background to the development of local outbreak control plans
- the principles that will guide our approach
- how we will deliver this for the people of York
You can also read about the local powers we have to control an outbreak.