For businesses affected by flooding, a grant of up to £2,500 may be available, to help with the cost of damages not covered by your insurance policy; eligibility is determined by the evidence you provide.
Apply for the business recovery fund
Submit a funding for flooded businesses application form via Make It York.
Support with business rates
Flood support drop-in sessions
Attend a drop-in sessions to tell us how we can better support you before, during and after a flood:
- Fishergate: 6.00pm to 8.00pm, on 11 March, at Christian Science Church, YO10 4DE
- Tower Gardens and King's Staith: 5.00pm to 7.00pm, on 16 March, at Quaker Meeting House, YO1 9RL
- Naburn: 5.00pm to 7.00pm, on 17 March, at Naburn Village Hall, YO19 4RS
- Fulford: 5.00pm to 7.00pm, on 18 March, at Fulford School (Main Hall), YO10 4FY
- Skeldergate and Clementhorpe: 5.00pm to 7.00pm, on 23 March, at Southlands Methodist Church, YO23 1NX
- Acaster Malbis: 5.00pm till 7.00pm, on 24 March, at Acaster Malbis Village Hall, YO23 2TR
Advice for businesses affected by floods
Get the latest information and flood advice in York. Alternatively, contact the Environment Agency (EA) Floodline, telephone: 0345 988 1188 for updates.
The EA also have a drop-in 'community flood hub' on Wellington Row, on:
- Monday: 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Wednesday: 10.00am to 3.00pm
- Thursday: 10.00am to 4.00pm
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support from the Major Incident Response Team
Our Major Incident Response Team (MIRT) have trained volunteers on hand to provide emotional support to those affected by incidents such as flooding.
Contact MIRT on telephone: 07974 745194 or email: email@example.com.