COVID-19 business grant updates
Following the government’s announcement, we will be making repeat payments under the Lockdown Restrictions Grant Scheme for the period 16 February – 31 March 2021 once grant funding is received from Central Government.
We will also be issuing repeat payment under the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme for the period 16 February – 31 March 2021 within due course.
Please do not contact us in relation to the above as we are working towards issuing payments as quickly as possible and as such, we may not be able to respond to your query.
This form is to apply for an Additional Restrictions Grant in York for the periods of local and national restrictions, from:
- 5 November to 2 December 2020 (national restrictions)
- 31 December 2020 to 4 January 2021 (Tier 3 local restrictions)
- 5 January to 15 February 2021 (national restrictions)
- 16 February to 31 March 2021
Our team will use your advised trading start date to determine your eligibility for the available grants or time periods.
This grant is available to applicants who were unsuccessful in applying for the Lockdown Restrictions Grant.
The Additional Restrictions Grant is a discretionary scheme designed to aid York businesses which are affected by COVID-19 restrictions, but who are not eligible for Local Restrictions Support Grant (for open or closed businesses).
The scheme is available to:
- businesses with permanent fixed premises in York, where trade is impacted by more than 75% due to lockdown, and who may or may not be liable for business rates in York (market stalls or pitches are not considered a fixed premises)
- businesses where trade is also usually conducted in York for 75% or more of the time, and where trade is severally impacted by the lockdown restrictions
The government sets national criteria for funds to be paid, our local offering uses those criteria. If eligible, businesses will receive different amounts depending on their circumstances.
Be aware that:
- we'll only consider paying grants to businesses where all of the eligibility criteria are met
- grants to businesses will be treated as taxable income
- for partnerships, each partner would need to make a separate application for the business to receive more than 1 grant
- if you cease trading before the start of a new qualifying period, you may not be awarded a grant payment for the next qualifying period
Additional Restrictions Grant payments
If eligible, the payment businesses receive depends on certain circumstances.
Payments for the previous period of national lockdown, 5 November to 2 December 2020:
- up to £1,334, per 28 days in Tier 3 or 4, for businesses with fixed commercial premises costs (rent payable to a landlord)
- £500 per 28 day qualifying restriction period, for businesses without fixed premises costs*
- £2,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period, for businesses with a rateable value of more than £15,000, but less than £51,000
- £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period, for businesses with a rateable value greater than £51,000
- £3,000 per 28 day qualifying restriction period, for registered Nurseries with fixed premises
* Examples include a mobile hairdressers (falling under leisure and beauty mandated to close), taxi drivers (leisure sector mandated to close) or commercial electricians (non-essential retail mandated to close), and market traders.