The York Apprenticeship Hub organises events each year to promote local apprenticeship opportunities and recognise the achievements of apprentices in York.
York Apprenticeship Graduation and Awards Ceremony 2018
The York Apprenticeship Graduation and Awards Ceremony is an annual event held in November at York Grand Opera House. It celebrates the hard work and dedication of all those who have completed an apprenticeship qualification.
Photos from York Apprenticeship Graduation Ceremony 2017 are available to view on Facebook.
You are eligible to graduate in 2018 if:
- you complete your apprenticeship at any point between 1 November 2017 and 31 October 2018
- your apprenticeship employment placement is based in York, you live in York or you did your apprenticeship training in York
For more information and to register your attendance, go to Eventbrite.
York Apprenticeship Awards: categories
- Apprentice of the Year aged 16 to 24 with a smaller employer (less than 100 employees)
- Apprentice of the Year aged 16 to 24 with a larger employer (100 or more employees)
- Apprentice of the Year aged 25 and older
- Smaller Employer of the Year (less than 100 employees)
- Larger Employer of the Year (100 or more employees)
You are eligible to be nominated as an apprentice if you complete your apprenticeship between 1 November 2017 and 31 October 2018.
You are eligible to be nominated as an employer if you currently employ apprentices and are based in York.
Download the 2018 nomination form.
York Apprenticeship Recruitment Event
The next York Apprenticeship Recruitment Event will be held in March 2019.
This event is aimed at those:
- looking for an apprenticeship after school or college
- who haven't yet decided what they are going to do in September 2019 and would like some advice
- parents or carers of young people aged 16 to 24 who want to find out more about apprenticeships
What to expect:
- one-to-one information and advice
- recruiting employers and training providers