The 4CommunityGrowthYork (4CGY) project supports certain areas of the city so communities can take charge of their own development.
4CGY work to improve and maximise opportunities to stimulate the local economy in York, and the project includes:
- local residents
- public sector representatives
- community groups
We're working hard to support communities in York, ensuring residents are getting the benefits and financial support they’re entitled to, helping people to find employment, or to start and run a business
As part of this, we're operating in partnership with local residents to grow a number of community hubs across the city, bringing together people to:
- share ideas
- explore solutions
- provide access to ‘small step’ schemes, such as cooking classes
- provide contacts to support community development
- offer assistance with financial issues
Since being set up, the project’s area of operation has been defined as parts of:
The project team is currently working on a Status Report to assess the project’s impacts so far.
It aims to evaluate the project from by gathering feedback through a survey as well as by conducting in-depth interviews.
Through the survey we want to:
- find out how well known the project is
- gather information on the impact of the project
- learn how we can improve our work
The survey closed on Sunday 19 August 2018.
The associated Status Report will be published in September 2018.
To find out more about the work we do, why not come along to one of our weekly partnership events.
- Bellfarm Community Hub, Bellfarm Social Hall, Roche Avenue, YO31 9BB, from 10.00am to 1:00pm
- Chapelfields Community Hub Cooking Workshop, Sanderson House, Bramham Road, YO26 5AR, from 9.30am to 11:30am
- Tang Hall Big Picnic, Tang Hall Community Centre, Fifth Avenue, YO31 0UG, from midday to 2.00pm
- Chapelfields Community Hub, Sanderson House, Bramham Road, YO26 5AR, from 9.00am to midday
- Bellfarm Community Hub Cooking Workshop, Bellfarm Social Hall, Roche Avenue, YO31 9BB, from 1.15pm to 2.45pm
- Foxwood Community Hub, Foxwood Community Centre, Cranfield Place, YO24 3HY, from 11.45am to 2.00pm
Get involved with 4ComunityGrowthYork
Our current partners include:
- Bellfarm Social Hall Management Committee
- Chapelfields Community Association
- Foxwood Residents' Association
- Tang Hall Big Local
To find out more, or express your interest in becoming a partner, please:
Details of practical ways to get involved can be found on the last page of the Newsletter.
To find out more or join the newsletter mailing list, please contact the 4CommunityGrowthYork team.