Archives and local history
The Heritage Lottery Fund has awarded City of York Archives a grant of £1.6m to make our York: Gateway to History project a reality. A state-of-the-art store and new public spaces will be built on the first floor of York Explore Library Learning Centre in the heart of the city.
There will be some closures and changes to the service in 2013 and 2014 while this happens. The Archives are temporarily CLOSED and there is no access to original documents until further notice. A reduced Local History library is available on the ground floor at York Explore. You can find out more about the closures and how they affect you on the Key Information page.
Pages in Archives
- You are here: Archives and local history
- Key Information about the Archives & Local History service
- Visiting Us
- York: Gateway to History project
- York: A City Making History project
- Charges for services in Archives and Local History
- What's in the Archives and Local History collections
- Recipes from the Archives