City of York Council

Busking - advice for the public

If you find that you are being disturbed by a street performer:

  • Firstly, approach the busker and explain politely that you are being troubled by their activity. You may find this difficult but often buskers are unaware of the problem they are causing and will be glad to do what they can to find a compromise.
  • If the problem persists, or you are unable to reach a compromise with the performer, contact the City Centre Management Office (E: , T: 01904 552273). An officer will then deal with the complaint as soon as it’s practicable.
  • If co-operation is not forthcoming, formal action can be pursued if necessary.

Pages in Street trading and busking

  1. Street trading and busking
  2. Busking in York - a guide for York's street performers
  3. You are here: Busking - advice for the public
  4. Occasional street trading consent
  5. Busking - Selling your CDs

City Centre Management


Telephone: (01904) 552273

West Offices, Silver Street, York, YO1 8RY

Rate this page