Double Yellow Lines and Parking Time Limits
You can apply to the council to request the introduction of double yellow lines, for example, to manage parking on a street.
You can also apply to the council to request the introduction of a maximum time limit for parking on street.
Are there any rules?
In order to support your request we need to be satisfied that:
- there is a substantial problem
- it lasts for a fair part of the working day
- there is an actual road safety problem
- we can enforce the new regulation. Yellow lines are enforced by the council.
Apply for the introduction of yellow lines/waiting limit
You can write to us at the address shown or you can fill in the application form (which is available via the downloads link on the right hand side of this page).
What happens after we have received your application?
- We will initiate an investigation, once this is completed we will contact you with the results.
If we support your application the proposal will be advertised as a notice to make a Traffic Regulation Order.
Members of the public and other bodies have the right to object to the proposals - any representations received are considered and may change the outcome of the original proposal.
For further information please write, email, or telephone us, using the contact details on the right hand side of this page.