Visitor parking permits and authorisation cards
An authorisation card enables you to buy permits for your visitors to use when parking in a resident parking zone. You will receive an authorisation card, free of charge, when you buy a resident household parking permit or if you are the first person to purchase a permit in a house of multiple occupancy.
If you live within a respark zone but do not own a car you can still apply for an authorisation card so that you can buy permits for your visitors to use.
You can download the application form for an authorisation card via the downloads link on the right hand side of this page. Return the completed form along with your proof of residency and the correct payment, to Parking Services.
Buying visitors permits
Call in to West Offices Customer Centre (open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm) with your authorisation card and payment to purchase your visitor permits or write to us stating how many books you require.
There is a postal charge of 45p if you wish to obtain your visitor permits through the post. Please send in your authorisation card to Parking Services at West Offices together with a payment to cover both the cost of the permits and the 45p postage charge. Please do not send cash through the post.
Each year you can get a maximum of 40 books. There are 5 permits in each book. A maximum of 6 books is allowed in any calendar month until you have reached your full allocation of 40 books for the year. Each permit is valid for one day and lasts until 10am the next day.
You can download the document, 'How the Visitor Permit System Works' for more detailed information (available via the downloads link on the right hand side of this page).
Authorisation cards cost £2.90 each.
Visitor permit books cost £5.50 each. There are 5 visitor permits in each book (maximum allowed is 6 books per calendar month or 40 books over the year).
Authorisation cards are free of charge and visitor permits are reduced to £1.50 a book if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Over 60 years old
- A blue disabled badge holder or you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the disability living allowance or you are registered as blind
- In receipt of Income Support
- In receipt of Long-Term Incapacity Benefit
Pages in Residents priority parking scheme
- Residents' priority parking scheme (Respark)
- How long will my Respark permit last?
- Respark enforcement and complaints
- Respark discounts and concessions
- Badger Hill Resident Permit
- Business parking permits
- Commercial permits
- Community parking permits
- Disabled parking permits
- Guest house permits
- House in multiple occupancy (HMO) permits
- Household and additional vehicle parking permits
- Landlords and management agents permits
- Larger Developments
- Property permits
- Special Control parking permits
- You are here: Visitor parking permits and authorisation cards