There will be different and competing views about how improvements should be achieved. The review will help to inform what options should be considered. Specific issues we need to explore are:
- Parking for those with accessibility issues and where it can be most appropriately provided
- Different restrictions and times of operation
- Vehicles breaking the traffic regulations
- How to increase the evening economy
- City centre cycle parking
- Pedestrian safety
The responses to the survey will form a key part of a report that will be prepared for the Cabinet Member for Transport, Planning and Sustainability and a Scrutiny Committee set up to consider improvements to the city centre. The Cabinet Member will decide on which options to take forward to the formal legal consultation process taking into account the comments received and the Scrutiny Committee recommendations.