Severe weather advice
The latest weather updates and advice.
- Information on gritting and snow clearance, including advice on clearing snow and ice yourself.
- Advice about keeping warm in winter
- Advice on housing repairs during cold weather.
- Information about non-routine school closures, for example for bad weather.
- Advice about winter driving.
Follow @york_travel on Twitter for the latests travel updates.
The River Ouse rises and falls regularly in York. With our partners we have well established plans for the protection of the city, its people and premises when this happens. The actions and temporary works detailed in the plan are incremental and are triggered by Environment Agency warnings and forecasts. Please see emergency plans for flooding for further information.
Advice from SmartDriving on driving through flood water.